Acerola cherry is a beautiful plant, commonly called the West Indies cherry, Barbados cherry, or just plain old “acerola.” This shrub-like plant is believed to have originated from southern Mexico and the Caribbean.
Acerola produces cherry-like berries, but is not a true cherry. These berries are pleasant but tart tasting and have been used in modern and traditional medicine for a long time.
The acerola cherry is naturally high in vitamin C. Vitamin C contributes to the normal function of the immune system. It is an antioxidant which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress.
Recently, there has been great interest in using acerola’s in one's diet. There are many health benefits made about this ingredient, mostly due to its vitamin C content.
Common uses of acerola may include:
- normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, blood vessels, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- normal energy-yielding metabolism
- normal functioning of the nervous system
- normal psychological function
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- the increase of iron absorption
Consuming a high vitamin C supplement in a food form is a wonderful addition to any diet.
Check out Troo’s C Cherish Food Form 120 capsules. This beauty contains Acerola Cherry Fruit (not synthetically made in a lab), together with Parsley, Blackcurrant, Elderberry and Rosehip.