Vitamin C is the Holy grail of vitamins when it comes to well-being and its plethora of potential benefits. A goodie to have in the cupboard for many occasions.
Vitamin C contributes to:
1. The normal function of the immune system during and after intense physical exercise. During and after intense physical activity, vitamin C, protects cells from oxidative stress, meaning vitamin C it is an antioxidant by nature.
2. Collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth. We know the best of you ladies are going crazy for collagen products, supporting skin health. If this is down your alley, check out our wonderful Collagen Powder drink, including vitamin C.
3. The normal energy-yielding metabolism. Enzymes that use vitamin C as a cofactor have widespread influence on our energy levels.
4. The function of the nervous system. Vitamin C has been researched for its’ part to play with serotonin and dopamine synthesis (our feel good hormone and calming hormones). Happy days.
5. The reduction of tiredness and fatigue. We definitely feel a pep in our step when vitamin C is added to the diet.
6. Non-haem iron absorption. A little trick is to add Vitamin C with Iron or an Iron containing food to help with metabolism and absorption. These two are a great little duo together.
7. The regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E. As a wonderful antioxidant, Vitamin C protects and aids Vitamin E metabolism action as an antioxidant.
Troo Health loves our very own Vitamin C Cherish food loaded with Vitamin C extracted from Acerola Cherry Fruit (not synthetically made in a lab), together with Parsley, Blackcurrant, Elderberry and Rosehip.
In conclusion, vitamin C is helpful in times of stress, to support immunity and for general physiological functions in the body. Get the glow with Vitamin C...