Absorb-C Vitamin C 250mg as Pureway 120 Capsules provides Vitamin C, lipid metabolites and citrus bioflavonoids combine to form Pureway C® - a superior delivery technology.
High Bioavailability: More rapidly absorbed (233% higher) and highly retained by the body than other forms of Vitamin C.
PureWay-C® is different than other forms of vitamin C because it includes naturally derived lipid metabolites and citrus bioflavonoids to enhance the uptake and distribution of ascorbic acid. The lipid metabolites are derived from safe plant sources, and mixed with vitamin C during the manufacturing process.
In PureWay-C®, fatty acids act as ascorbic acid carriers to increase absorption and distribution of Vitamin C and to allow ascorbic acid to enter cells in a safe, quick and effective manner. Citrus bioflavonoids protect the vitamin C from oxidizers and contribute to the antioxidant capability of PureWay-C®.
Clinically Proven: Documented with research studies comparing it also with other Vitamin C forms.
Research conducted at Adelphi University (New York), compared cellular uptake of several forms of vitamin C and found that two hours after treatment with the vitamin, human T-lymphocyte treated with PureWay-C® contained higher vitamin C level thanany other treatment group evaluated (1).
A study conducted by researchers from the University of Miami School of Medicine found that the average serum vitamin C level was higher in the group taking PureWay-C® for a 24 hour period following intake.(2)
Efficacy: PureWay-C® outperforms other forms of Vitamin C in key metabolic functions where Vitamin C is known to play a role, as well as in antioxidant activity (3).
Better Tolerated than other forms:
PureWay-C® has not been associated with any of the adverse effects that may occur when taking high dosages of other forms of vitamin C. Stomach upset and any other adverse effects where not observed during the clinical studies with PureWay-C®. Moreover, a survey was conducted and participants completed a symptom check-list. Neither, nausea, heartburn, epigastric pain, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, nor any otheradverse symptoms were reported.
1. Weeks BS, Perez PP: Absorption rates and free radical scavenging values of vitamin C-lipid metabolites in human lymphoblastic cells. Med Sci Monit, 2007; 13(10): BR205-210.2. Pancorbo D, Vazquez C, Fletcher MA: Vitamin C-lipid metabolites: Uptake and retention and effect on plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels in healthy volunteers. Med Sci Monit, 2008; 14(11): CR547-551.
2. Pancorbo D, Vazquez C, Fletcher MA: Vitamin C-lipid metabolites: Uptake and retention and effect on plasma C-reactive protein and oxidized LDL levels in healthy volunteers. Med Sci Monit, 2008; 14(11): CR547-551.
3. Weeks BS, Perez P: A novel vitamin C preparation enhances neurite formation and fibroblast adhesion and reduces xenobiotic-induced T-cell hyperactivation. Med Sci Monit, 2007; 13(3): BR51-58.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Vitamin C also increases iron absorption
Vitamin C contributes to:
- the normal function of the immune system.
- normal collagen formation for the normal function of bones, blood vessels, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- normal energy-yielding metabolism
- normal functioning of the nervous system
- normal psychological function
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
SUITABLE FOR VEGETARIANS & VEGANS
Manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice and supplied in innovative letterbox friendly and recyclable packaging.
These procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed so that we can guarantee you receive consistently high quality products.